Affordable accommodation is one of life's most basic requirements.
Property prices have surged due to:
* Generous tax concessions for property investors.
* Record low Reserve Bank interest rates.
* High immigration levels.
* Foreign buyers.
Former Liberal MP Joe Hockey's solution: "Get a good job, that pays good money!"
That was the former Liberal party treasurer's advice to first home buyers!
* We will remove the 50% Capital Gains Tax concession for property investors.
* We will limit future negative gearing to brand new buildings only (allowing existing negatively geared arrangements to continue).
* We will lower immigration levels.
* We will establish a national register to determine the extent of foreign ownership of all Australian land.
* We will oppose foreign ownership of Australian property. Australians are not allowed to buy land in Indonesia, or China etc.
We support affordable housing.